Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year, Carmon Family!

We kicked the year off in traditional Carmon style by dodging fireworks at Aunt Betty and Uncle Wayne's (and we missed several family members, by the way).  I must say, the fireworks (while often dangerous), were very unique this year.  I think everyone really loved the ones that looked like fireflies zipping all around and of course, the parachutes!  Penn is still talking about that one.  I missed the finale (BOOOOO!!!), but I was busy wrestling my toddler:)

The only pictures I have from New Year's Eve were the ones taken on Pack's phone of the "hot air balloon."  Funny story:  Down at the Weaver's, they saw  something "come out of no where...accross Aunt Kathy's yard and into the woods..."  It was described as "kinda creepy."  haha.  That's what the boys were going for, I think!


Anyway, the clock struck midnight as we watched the ball drop in Time's Square (on T.V., of course), and lots of kisses and hugs were had!  Also in Carmon fashion, the house cleared out withing 15 minutes after midnight so the little hoodlums could start the New Year with as much sleep as was possible that night.  It was a ton of fun and I'm glad our family got to stay in SC long enough to enjoy it!

Family predictions for this year:  five new babies will be born in the family (only four are accounted for right now).  This made several of us who aren't pregnant very nervous, but we'll take whatever comes;)

Happy New Year Everyone!

Kimberly


1 comment:

  1. This may be the one time I can honestly say I am not nervous about something, but if someone else is having a baby this year...it won't be me. :)

    ReplyDelete