Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Beginning of a Family Blog

I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich.  ~Dan Wilcox and Thad Mumford, "Identity Crisis," M*A*S*H


I've always felt especially rich in this respect.  To have a family who loves so unconditionally (and such a large one, at that) makes me feel so blessed.  It's one of the reasons I wanted to start this blog.

I realize that our family, however close, is growing and changing at a rapid pace and it's becoming more and more difficult to stay on top of everything that is going on with everyone. 

This family forum will allow us to post updates, photos, thoughts, memories, and events that interest the rest of the family.  (I think our Thanksgiving book kind of was my inspiration).

For me, it's vitally important.  I want my kids to feel as close to this family as I have felt growing up and I think this is a good step in the right direction.

And here are a few more reasons why this is of "growing" importance.   :)


These are the things you can do.

Please write for our family.  Email me and I'll send you the information to become an active participant in the blog.  Our children will be so glad we did.

If you don't want to write posts, comment on others and let them know your thoughts.  Sometimes the comments are the best part of a post.

At the very least, please read.  I have very high expectations for the direction of this blog, but it won't do any good if no one in the family reads it.

Okay...first post--done!  Who's up for it?

 

1 comment: