So many moons ago, a few of us "Carmon Girls" used to cram into whatever kind of car Aunt Ann used to drive and head down to the beach in the middle of winter. Then, after shopping as many places as we could tolerate and exhausting all of our "spending money", we would squeeze back in the car with a lap full of important purchases (like cassette tapes and jars of pretzels because we had never seen a Sam's before) and head home. That tradition died out sometime approximately a decade and a half ago, but was reborn just last weekend!
It was a blast (a tiring blast, but a blast just the same)!
I won't rehash every detail, but suffice it to say that we spent a lot of time in cooking stores and donut shops with a few other eating places and stores scattered between. And although we didn't make it to the flea markets this time around, we did manage to nearly get trampled at Goodwill as they would ring the bell to bring out new carts. It was a close call. Oh yeah, and we had a A LOT more shopping room this time around with two cars:)
We also made good use of the spacious hotel suite that Betty, Linda, and Carolyn shared by using it to host a "technology training session" so that everyone got an introduction on how to check the blog. Welcome to the 21st century, Carmon's!
Seriously, I love my family and I'm so glad we were able to get together. I never laugh as much as I do when I'm with my favorite girls in the world (most of them, at least). I hope next year, all the girls will be able to make it and I also hope that next year, I don't gain five pounds in one weekend:)
Ahhh...who am I kidding?
So girls...what was your favorite memory from this weekend or suggestion for next time?
No comments:
Post a Comment